Tuesday 23 December 2014

A Train Journey

I was standing in a railway Station. An enormous train was approaching it. I wanted to board it and see where it takes me.

It stopped.

I got in and the journey began. I had a very comfortable seat.  The view outside was so beautiful cherry blossoms on either sides of the railroad.

I requested its services and was a little discontent with what the train management offered. I complained. The management concluded that they will stop providing those services.

I decided to get off the next station. I got off but thought tonmyself that I should be content with what I've got so I got on it before it started to leave.

Now I had a less comfortable seat and the management was unable to grant my requests for a first class seating.

Now the journey seemed more important to me than my comfort so I decided to sit tight and enjoy the beautiful b ore outside the window. Cities and lots of busy people I enjoyed all the new things that I had seen and was very content.

Then I saw the engine when the tracks curved still majestic and steadfast. I looked beyond it and saw where it was headed. I could almost see it that magical place carved on the horizon.

For some reason I knew not I was asked to give up my seat. I was now standing but nothing mattered for I only dreamt of the destination the train was taking me.

I was standing by the door feeling the wind against me. I felt so alive and wonderful. When suddenly I felt a push. I tried hard to hang on. With all my energy I held to the sides. "I'm almost there I can't let go now", I told myself. I continued to stand there. Another push and holding firmly I turned back and saw that the management of the train was trying to push me out. I didn't know why. I held my guard and never let go.

The train was moving at a great speed. But I had no choice for I knew now that it was not my destination. I let go of my grip and they pushed me out.

I closed my eyes and prayed. I felt warm hands catch me embrace me and place me on the ground. I opened my eyes shocked that I was still alive and did not feel any pain. Not even a scratch.

It was a miracle, I has to be. When I let go, I knew I would never have come through this alive, by here I stood firm on the ground as the train whistles past me in great speed. The dust and stones that flew with it hurt my eyes.

I cried. I did not know if I should grieve over being thrown out or be glad that I survived.

I felt the power of the Most High. I knew He was the one who secured me and saved me from the pain and agony that the fall would have brought me.

I looked ahead of the train and beyond thw trees and plainsnI.could still.see the sestination. I decided to walk toward it.

PS: I like train journeys and love to have a window seat and feel the wind blow against my face. Its such a fun thing. But one should see the way my brother and I fight over a window seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment