Monday 21 July 2014

In transit

I walked to the bus stop. Took a bus. Got off at the train station. took the train. Transferred to another train got off the second train. Walked a few minutes. Reached where I wanted to.

Now I'm sitting at my desk but I am still in transit. I boarded this vehicle, while I was still being formed in my mother's womb. Little did I know where I was heading. Just hung in there waiting for the next train. Then the time came and I arrived in my mother's arms. Ruled the world for a while, with my own throne tied to the top of the train.

Slowly I saw everyone around me with their own thrones ruling the world. Then realized that I'm one like a 'zillion' others. Got off that train and took a bus. Well now people around started telling me what my destination was for that's where everyone wanted to go. I was like .. ' Okaiee.. if you say so!'. I walked, sat on my mother's lap while my dad was riding the scooter, took an auto rickshaws, buses , cars and  trains.
Oh, my goodness.. how can I forget my bi-cycle <3 <3 :) Ok did I finish mentioning all modes of transport? Oops forgot the boats and air-crafts.. I would love to travel in a ship someday... and someday soon :D (impatient me :P )

I thought I shouldn't mention the times I got lazy and stubborn and when people had to drag me with them, anyway life s not always perfect :D My parents certainly didn't spare the rod and spoil the child (this applies to me and not my brother).

Then time passed and I started to understand why everyone wanted to go there. it is a place where all hope is catered to, some people call it heaven. I call it that way too but what it really means to me is a place in the arms of God.

Now.... I really knew where I wanted to go. I started running, shouting and singing and dancing and laughing all the way. I will run all the way if I have to. I ll take the bus even if it is jam packed and I will take it even if there is not a soul in it. And I decided to plan my trip so that I don't end up in a maze.

Eventually I ended up in a maze. And the visibility is so low, I can only see the present day in front of me. I'm a little confused. But the trip so far has be good, I know something has kept me belted to my seat. and cushioned me during bumps, I've never starved. I'm not scared about getting lost in this maze. Maybe, I will work my way out of it or maybe the maze will miraculously disappear and those golden gates will be in sight, then I will walk at my own pace, with eyes fixed on them, glowing in awe, until I reach the destination.

I cannot clearly see the golden gates, but I picture them in my head. its crazy to travel to some place you haven't seen. But I have seen it. In good things and good people. I will still leap and dance as I go.

I see people around me walking slowly, tired and weary of the journey. They say 'I had to change so many buses, it s so tiring'. 'My next flight is delayed indefinitely'.

Here's one picture if you can't picture it !
Friends, humans, fellow-beings, the tickets are booked. Make sure you are there to board the flight on time. Take the ship though it may take you longer to reach but its what you should do. Drive. Swim, Crawl. Skate. Find yourself on the top of a cliff? Just jump..! (Don't forget the parachute:) Life is not a race, you can't loose to another person. But you can win by helping each other and cheering everyone. And if someone has to take a different route than you, just let them go. Stuck in a maze? Keep Calm and maze on.

Oh! I'm just waiting to feel that relief when I reach the destination. Its gonna be the longest "phewwwwwwww... " I ever said. :D Phew..

PS: I specially pray for all the victims of air, road and sea accidents. Those who lost their life in the Malaysian Airline MH17 aircraft that was shot down on 17th July 2014, lets pray that they reach their new destination.

Oopsie this post got so long :(

No comments:

Post a Comment