Tuesday 23 April 2013

A Sweet Moment


It was a moment that gave me the happiness of a lifetime.

A couple of years back, I was walking home from the bus stop, after a regular college day. I was preoccupied with what was done and what was left to be done for the day. It was a dry evening with the sun still lighting the surroundings. I was tired, lonely and dull, because I was walking alone, carrying a heavy backpack with nobody to communicate with in person or in texts.

I became bored, and soon became sad. I kept walking lazily with my head hanging down and took the usual road home. Dissolved in the sadness of the moment, I lost all hope that the day would get any better. With the same lazy sway of the head I looked up and back down. In the split second of looking up a beautiful spectacle caught my eye and I jerked and looked back up.

My heart was painted with joy. And I kept my eyes on it, the beautiful yellow flowers on the tall tree. I reduced my pace and walked, my head facing up, as I enjoyed every bit of the moment. The bright yellow inflorescence dangling from the tree, so many bunches of them that the tree was yellow all over. I felt they were put there just for me, for they have long been my favorite flowers. It was like receiving a surprise bouquet of flowers. Looking steadily at my large bouquet, I glided by it, then when past it, still looking back at it.No more dullness, the rest of my day was a blossomed flower.

Somebody wanted to lighten up my mood and make me smile. Somebody, who knew the trick. Somebody, who cared the most about my happiness. 
Can it be anyone else but the One who made me? How happy are we to have such a Creator. 
PS: The Tree is the Indian Lauburn which is a deciduous tree found in many parts of India.
Yay!! Look at me posing with my favourite tree at the Field Museum, Chicago, IL.

No comments:

Post a Comment