Friday 26 July 2013

Falling

I’m falling down from a great height, there is nothing around me just air, I m falling at great speed. My hands are involuntarily trying to hold on to something, but all I catch hold of is the air.
I don’t know at what height I am, I don’t know when I will hit the ground. Time is passing and I’m still falling, trying to stop myself, trying to get a hold of SOMETHING. But I can only feel the air rush by me as I fall.
I’m very conscious and am waving my hands and legs around trying to save myself, and I got a hold of my Bible from my pocket. I immediately held onto it as if it were a branch of tree that will stop my fall, like it were a rope tied to a rock, like it were my teddy bear in bed, like it were my last packet of food and water, like it were the parachute rope...
Time went by, and I’m still falling, but I have something to hold on to. I've got a grip. I have comfort. I have no fear.
Time is passing, hours, days, years; I m falling all my life. I know not when I will hit the ground, but I have a consolation, a support, a foothold, a hand holding me and words consoling me.
Though I’m falling, I fall peacefully. I will let go of myself and enjoy the fall. If life is meant to be a fall, I will find a way to fall it well with the help of God.

P.S.: Are you falling? Here, take the Bible and hold onto it.

No comments:

Post a Comment